There have long been two positions on style - French vs. Italian. The French certainly own all things "chic", but the Italians have glamour down to a science. (And it's not limited to Sophia Loren and Gina Lollobrigida, although they are incredibly glam, just check out It-Girls, Olivia Palermo or Bianca Brandolini for a more modern take.) I love and appreciate that je ne sais quoi; however, I'm often drawn to the polish and sophistication of Italian style. Check out these tips to infuse a little Italian sizzle into your style:
- Embrace Your Figure - Learn what looks great on you, not just what looks great editorially. Get personal with your tailor. A few minor tweaks make all the difference.
- Stand Out with Accessories. This doesn't mean they have to be large or flashy, but instead add personal touches for a little extra oomph.
- Sneakers belong in the gym. Flip-Flops belong at the beach.
- Add an air of mystery. A golden rule for a reason.
- Details make the difference. Something as subtle as a well-manicured hand (doesn't even need to be polished, but filed, buffed, etc.) or a bold red lip show that you put in the time and effort to look your best.
- Fragrance. Find your signature scent and don't leave home without it.
Who knows Italian style more than these two? Here are Dolce & Gabbana's Life, Italian Style Tips.
Need even more inspiration - click here.