Fact: It is way easier to be a morning person, or become a morning person, if you take a few a minutes the night before to get a few things in order. Not only does this maximize your time in the morning when you may already be feeling a little sluggish or need extra time (hello winged eyeliner), but, to me, it gets you out the door feeling ready, physically and mentally, to face the day. Here are a few things I do to prep for a busy week day:
- Get the caffeine ready. Whether its setting up a coffee machine, or in our case, espresso machine, or filling a kettle, this 1 minute task the night before = total morning bliss when you can just press a button and go.
- Clean up that kitchen. Is there anything worse then waking up to a sink full of dishes? It's like a mountain of to-dos to tackle and you're not even out of your pajamas. Do it - it's worth it, and it never takes as much time as you think.
- Check the weather. My obsession with the weather is well-known (and documented here), but knowing what it's supposed to be doing outside, let's me figure out what I'll wear the next day.
- Skincare maintenance. Sounds basic, but use this time to indulge all those lotions and potions. Do a mask or a scrub, apply a heavy cream to your feet and wear cotton socks to let it soak in, the works. Own "Woke Up This Way".
- Stretch. If you have time and want to wind down, do a few light yoga moves. If you don't feel like rolling out the mat, just move your neck and shoulders, reach for your toes. It releases the tension and just plain feels good.
Have a great week!