This week, I've picked up one of my favorites, The Firm, by John Grisham. I've read it before, a few years ago, but I'm OK with reading things you love a more than once. Case in point, I've read Gone with the Wind more times than I care to admit (and to geek out further, they are coming up with a next installment this Fall - who else is excited about this?!). To me, The Firm is in the same vein as Ira Levin's The Stepford Wives, another fave. Young, eager couple who encounters an omnipresent, evil-doing force and adventure ensues. Not scary per say, but gripping - page-turners. Even if you've seen the movie, I'd recommend reading The Firm; as always, the book is so much better. It's light and easy reading, even if you're not fluent in legal jargon, and is a perfect beach read!
Here are a few things catching my eye this week:
- I have unabashed girl crush on Jessica Alba. I love the transformation she recently shared of her bedroom.
- Summers is synonymous with pie. This one is total eye candy.
- Ever get overwhelmed by Farmer's Markets.? Consider this your cheat sheet.
- Think you know how many hours of sleep you should be getting? Think again!
- Vintage cookbooks? Sign me up!
One gift I love to give and receive is a coffee table book. I love to stack them around the house, changing them out every once in a while, to reflect a certain mood, a style or a theme. I love that they can reflect different facets of your personality, secret (or not so secret) interests, and an ingrained sense of style. Mine are a mix between style and travel while the Mr. C's veer to the outdoor set. Together, I think they perfectly represent us - a little town and little country.
Here are a few favorites and a few I'm looking to add to my collection: