This week was a short, jam-packed one - think early morning bake sessions, impromptu dinner parties and play catch-up from the holiday weekend. Here are a few things that have caught my eye this week:
- I think we all have a somewhat awkward part of our home to decorate. You know that seemingly random alcove, that almost-room that isn't quite big enough to be a true room, but isn't a closet, that tiny desk area...that can barely fit a desk. (For me, its a single built-in shelving unit with super deep shelves.) Consider your decorating nightmares solved with this.
- Don't you love when you rediscover a beauty product? Today I found an old nail polish that is the perfect pop of red, Pepperoni Red in fact. I think it's discontinued now, but Aperitif and Fishnet Stockings are also at the top of my red list.
- I really find sample sales intimidating - all these women clamoring over clothing and accessories. This week I braced myself for one at C. Wonder one. It was pretty tame (by sample sale standards, and I was able to pick up a few holiday prep gifts. (They are coming up before you know it!) Stock up on a few little things (like these) for upcoming get-togethers.
- These dreamy built-in shelves.
- We recently had She-Crab Soup, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Next food challenge has been chosen. This recipe looks like a winner.