I don't know about you, but I'm seriously ready for some sun, and not the hovering-slightly-above-freezing sunny day we had today. After a few scrolls through Instagram, where it seems like everyone is at the beach, I'm ready to pack my bags for warmer locales. Here is what I'd bring!
1. J-CrewSunglasses in Betty/ 2. Dolce & Gabbana /3. Tuckernuck Tassle Earrings / 4. Eugenia Kim Fedora/ 5. Tory Burch Tunic/ 6. Butter London Polish in Jolly Good 7. Castaner Espadrilles/ 8. Calypso Tote
Here's to thinking warm thoughts!
Maybe I've watched one too many episodes of The Golden Girls, but I have a serious soft spot for the Palm Frond Print. Fun and sunny with just the right amount of whimsy, this poppy print adds a certain wink to otherwise streamlined basics.
This week has positively flown by! It's starting to actually feel like spring, and I'm thrilled to finally put away (for real this time!) my winter coat. Here is what I've been obsessed with this week:
- Pound Cakes are arguably the little black dress of the cake world. Dress them up with strawberries and heavy cream or go purist and plain. Ether way they are delicious every-single-time. Check this out for more ways to style this culinary classic. I'm drooling over this one!
- One of my good friends recently purchased her first home, and I'm dying to see it! I love the idea of giving more than just a standard bottle of wine or flowers. This housewarming gift is perfection.
- T Magazine is always a pleasure to read, and this recent story from the Men's Fashion issue by Andrew O'Hagan was so well-written, so on-point, so everything, I had to read it aloud to Mr. C., who wholeheartedly concurred. Everything Mr. O'Hagan writes is pure pleasure.
- I've always appreciated a good hat, but thus far, my wear has been limited to the beach and the slopes. I'm lusting after this one and dreaming of all the places I could wear it.
-Just discovered this gorgeous instagram account, and it's making me want all grey everything.
March is the toughest month to get through. You think March, Spring! But lo and beyond, March comes in like a lion and stays that way the whole time. That is why I'm so excited for a fresh a fresh month and a fresh start. Here's what I'm excited about for this month:
-Punchy Hues. Bold lipstick - check. Bright pedicure - check. This color is in current rotation.
-Chic Reads. This book is currently on my nightstand.
-Brunching. There is just something about warm weather than makes brunches all the more fun. I'm currently on a pop-over kick, and I'll be trying these treats out for Easter (wish me luck!).
What are you looking forward to this month?
Every once in a while I love a nice rainy day. It forces you inside and under the covers and is the perfect excuse get cozy and lazy. Today's soft drizzle is effectively removing the last bits of snow and has me dreaming of spring. Each season Mr. C and I create a list of sights we'd like to see, date spots we'd like to try, and things we'd like to do. Here are just a few things that I'm looking forward to once spring officially gets going:
- Picnics. I'm slightly obsessed with picnics, and this past Christmas I got the best picnic basket ever! (Similar one here) I'm so excited to head to Central Park or upstate with this beauty in tote.
- Baking inspiration. I'm always on the hunt for a new recipe, and I try to create a few "Food Goals" for things I might be intimidated to try. Currently topping the list - croissants, these biscuits, and soft pretzels. Bring on the gluten!
- Tennis - I haven't played, or even attempted to play, in years, but I'd love to pick up a racket again.
-Polo Match - I've been dying to go to the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic forever. Hopefully we can get tickets this year. I have my hat all ready to go.
-Spring Sites - Living in an apartment, I'm a bit starved for flowers. I'd love to get my floral fix at The Orchid Show.
What's on your Spring to-do list?