Daylight savings time is officially less than one month away (but whose counting?!), and I'm craving some sunny vibes. I've already switched up my bedding for a lighter, yet still cozy feel, indulged in some iced lattes, from under a heavy throw, and am ready to trade in my robe for a lighter, brighter version. While that may be jumping a bit too far ahead (it's literally snowing as I write this!), these lightweight beauties have me ready for spring.
1. Eberjay - Super delicate and feminine, this robe can easily be bridal, but doesn't have to be limited to just the big day.
2. Oscar de la Renta (Bloomingdales) - A fun poppy pattern makes it an easy transition piece.
3. Ralph Lauren (Bloomingdales) - A total classic. I love that it looks borrowed from the boys, but is still trim.
4. Pretty Plum Sugar - This one is my favorite! I love that it comes in a light and short version. And the eye mask? What's not to love?!
5. Pretty Plum Sugar - Featuring a soft poppy pattern, this is a fun, spring-y wrapper.
6. Calvin Klein - Incredibly soft, this dove gray option is the perfect weight to wear alone or thrown over pjs.
7. Oscar de la Renta (Bloomingdales) - I love this one! It begs to be taken somewhere sunny and the bright pattern could make for a fun cover up.
8. DKNY - Sure, it's black, but it's timeless and the texture is completely luxe.
According to a recent article by the National Sleep Foundation, the key to achieving a great night's sleep is a relaxing atmosphere. Here are a few ways to ensure your bedroom is positively dreamy:
1. Soothing Hues. Stick to a relaxing color palette. Check on these for inspiration.
2. Reduce Noise. We've struggled with a noisy neighbor for a while now, and a noise machine has literally been a life-saver. Look for one that offers continuous play as well as a variety of sound options. (White noise is an all-time fave.)
3. Dim the lights. The National Sleep Foundations recommends lowering the lights about an hour before bed to prep your body for sleep. Look for lights with dimmer switches, opt blackout shades and try to limit, or if possible omit, the blue lights from cell phones. Instead of using your iphone for your alarm, try a traditional clock which is as beautiful as it is functional. Plus you won't be as tempted to check Instagram, again.
4. and 5. Bedding Matters. Invest in a quality bedding, and not just a mattress and pillows, but linens too. Is there anything better than crawling into bed with fresh, crisp sheets? Here is your excuse to purchase those bedding sprays or room diffusers. Look for soothing scents like lavender or chamomile and steer clear of energizing citrus (save those for the rest of the house).
6. Cool It. While it can be tempting to crank up the heat during the winter, you sleep better in a cool environment. Lower the thermostat to approximately 67 degrees for optimal sleeping conditions.