I love summer, but there is something irresistible about those first crisp days of fall. The days get shorter and wrapping up in a cozy throw to fight off that first chill is undeniably cozy. We have bundles of them in each room (the ones that are handmade are in constant rotation) and in the trunk of our car for impromptu picnics. Here are few gorgeous neutral throws to stock up on this season:
New York Fashion Week! And while the temperatures are still hovering around 80 #thankyouverymuch, this week truly marks the start of fall, much more so than Labor Day. Fashion enthusiasts the world over start to swarm the city, and every corner turns in to an impromptu photo shoot for street style. And while of course, this makes traffic a nightmare; it also re-energizes the city. It's a buzz that feels almost palpable and full of promise for the season to come. I, for one, can't wait!
Today is the first official day of Fall. The mornings are crisp and it's getting dark earlier and earlier. And while I'll certainly miss the heat, I admit that I really do love Fall. It's Mr. C's birthday and later, our anniversary, and is our favorite season to be outdoors. Here are some Fall favorites:
- Apple-Picking - We went on Sunday and have been eating apples ever since (and by the number of apples of varying sorts on the counter right now, looks we will be for a while!)
- Picnics - I'm a total sucker for a picnic. Give me a blanket, some yummy bites and a pretty view, and I'm set. (Wine optional, but always preferred.) Spring and Summer picnics are fantastic, but there is something special about the Fall. Less people, more leaves - sold. We took a trip to Jockey Hallow this weekend and set up a little spread in a field. Surrounded by trees and an amazing garden, it was the perfect weekend respite.
- Bold Beauty - Once you go vamp, you can't go back (until at least April). Embrace the deep Bordeaux, oxblood and plum hues you've been drooling over all summer.
- Spicy Treats - Whether it's that pumpkin chai latte or adding extra cinnamon to everything, Fall is all about warm, decadent flavors.
- Chunky Knits - Is there anything better than a cozy sweater? Nope. Fisherman, Cashmere, want them all.
- Plaid - Skirts, shirts, scarves. Love, especially paired with denim.
- The Leaves - Let's face it - there is something truly awe-inspiring about the changing colors. Hit the road for the day to check them out (the Hudson Valley is incredible this time of year) or take a stroll in Central Park. Either way, it's time to get outside and enjoy the foliage.
Fall is swiftly approaching, and while the official "start date" is still a few days away - Monday!- I'm gearing up for all things Autumn. Here are a few things that have caught my eye:
- Apple picking is one of my favorite Fall activities. Just the thought has me dreaming of apple sauce (canning! or I guess jarring?), pies and cider doughnuts. This lists out the best spots to go picking in the tri-state area.
- There is a very small window of time that is just crisp enough for sweaters and a light jacket (or cape!) without having having to truly bundle. I stumbled upon these at Madewell, and I basically want one in every color.
- Cool weather = boot weather. Make sure they look brand new with these boot cleaning tips. Hesitant to touch up your leather? Seek professional help and make a date with your local cobbler/cleaner.
- Is there anything better than curling up with a good book? This one looks like a fun and breezy read.
- My OCD has seemingly no bounds, and I'm compelled to watch movies that take place in the fall during the fall. My fave: The Thomas Crown Affair.